Call for Papers – Promoting the health of migrant and displaced populations in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
The Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal (EMHJ) is leading a thematic issue on migrants, refugees and displaced populations (asylum seekers, internally displaced populations and returnees).
Currently, the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) is among the most impacted in terms of displacement and migration with consequent health implications. The available public health literature is not adequate in order to influence policies and programmes that address the health of migrants and displaced populations in the EMR.
Possible sub-themes include, but are not limited to:
- Health system response and arrangements to address the health needs of migrants, refugees and displaced populations
- Universal Health Coverage: approaches for expanding service coverage and enhancing financial protection for migrants and displaced populations
- Health financing arrangements to cover the health needs of migrants and displaced populations
- Migration of health workers and its impact on sending and receiving countries
- Impact of displacement on health services in transit and host countries
- Women’s health, human trafficking and gender-based violence in migration and displacement
- Use of innovation and technology to promote continuity of care
- Health diplomacy and the interface between health, economy and political developments
Information on submitting a paper
Please carefully read the instructions for authors at: http://www.emro.who.int/emh-journal/authors/authors-information.html
Submissions should be received by 1 October, 2019 in order to be considered.
Please indicate in your submission that it is for consideration for the migrant health special issue.
Planned publication for the thematic issue is 2nd quarter of 2020.